Q&A – BEACON Quality Improvement Coordinator
The below questions are related to the Request for Applications for the BEACON Quality Improvement Coordinator.
Question: The RFA specifies in Section X that three letters of reference are necessary. Then, in attachment B, the bidder is asked to provide 3 references with contact information. Can Attachment B suffice, or is it necessary to obtain 3 letters of reference?
Answer: Please provide 3 letters of reference AND 3 references with contact information.
Question: In the budget table below, please define all acronyms (e.g. F & A, Sub K, Sub K direct, MTDC.)
- F&A is facilities and administrative cost.
- Organizations are capped at 10% F&A.
- Independent contractors would not request F&A.
- SubK is for a subcontractor. Since this is a single position, you wouldn’t fill out that information on your budget.
- MTDC stands for Modified Total Direct Cost. This will automatically populate in the provided budget template.
Question: What is the definition of Subcontractor? The consultants employed by my organization are not employees and are issued a yearly 1099 for tax purposes. Should I list them under “Consultants” or under Subcontracts.
Answer: Please see the definitions below:
Subcontractor may have some or all of the following characteristics:
- Their performance is measured against meeting the objectives of the program. - - They have authority for administrative and programmatic decisions.
- They provide on-going service for the life of the program.
- They carry out a program of the subrecipient as compared to providing services for a program of the prime recipient.
- They are responsible for applicable program compliance requirements.
- Consultants bring a particular expertise to a project that is otherwise not available within the institution. Some federal agencies have specific limits and guidelines regarding the use of consultants and the reimbursement rates for consultants. Appropriate costs for consultants include travel and housing costs as well as professional fees.
Question: As company president, I am not salaried. Where and how should I describe my compensation?
Answer: Each RFA response should only include 1 FTE, supplies, travel and F&A costs.