Medicaid Technical Assistance and Policy Program
Providers as Allies in Equity and Care (PAEC) - New!
Submission deadline has been extended to July 23, 2018 (12:00 PM EST)
In partnership with the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Medicaid Technical Assistance and Policy Program, the Ohio Colleges of Medicine Government Resource Center (GRC) has released the Medicaid Technical Assistance and Policy Program (MEDTAPP) Providers as Allies in Equity and Care (PAEC) Request for Applications.
This RFA seeks applications to create virtual reality experiences and patient simulations for Medicaid providers. Eligible institutions include the following: Case Western Reserve University, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Ohio University, The Ohio State University, University of Cincinnati, University of Toledo, and Wright State University. The Ohio Department of Medicaid is interested in advancing health equity for the Medicaid population by increasing Medicaid provider cultural competency and awareness of implicit bias. This will be accomplished through training composed of virtual reality and simulated patient experiences that will include direct interpersonal feedback related to the interaction of patients and families in a variety of challenging circumstances. Submission deadline has been extended to July 23, 2018 (12:00 PM EST).
The budget template spreadsheet has been updated in the documents section below.
Key MEDTAPP RFA Requirements and Deadlines
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- Question and Answer Period – Questions regarding this Request for Applications may be emailed to Lindsay Popa at Lindsay.Popa@osumc.edu from June 28, 2018 – July 6, 2018 (12:00 PM EST). Answers are posted here.
- Application Deadline – On behalf of ODM, GRC will accept applications until July 23, 2018 (12:00 PM EST).
- Detailed submission information is provided on pages 3-8.
- SFY 2019 (August 15, 2018 – June 30, 2019): Up to $7,000,000 in FFP dollars, not including cost share.
- FFP funding will serve as the funding source for 49% of this initiative. Applicants are required to provide and certify 51% of total allowable project costs through the identification of non-federal matching funds supporting the goals of this initiative.
- Please note that ODM limits F&A (indirect rate, overhead) reimbursements to 10% of total project costs.