On behalf of our sponsors, GRC releases competitive funding opportunities for research projects. Check this page often for open and closed funding opportunities...
HEALTHCARE ACCESS INITIATIVE
The interprofessional training and placement of healthcare professionals
HCA strives to attract, train, and retain additional healthcare providers to serve Medicaid beneficiaries and develop an enhanced workforce to care for Ohio's underserved.LEARN MORE
What does the changing landscape of
healthcare coverage mean for our health?
The premiere Ohio-specific health survey is aimed at
gaining an understanding about the health status of
Ohio's Medicaid and Medicaid-eligible populations.
Quality improvement to
reduce infant mortality
Identifying best practices and using quality
improvement to improve treatment to pregnant
mothers and reduce mortality.
Forecasting healthcare provider supply and demand
Building an analytical engine that provides state health and
human services agencies the technology to forecast Ohio's
overall Medicaid healthcare needs.
Providing data to improve the health
of mothers and infants
OPAS data provides information about pregnancy and the
first few months after birth to identify women and infants
at high risk for health problems.
Our mission is to identify, research, and spread innovative practices to improve access to quality healthcare for all Ohioans through partnerships with healthcare, state, and academic leaders.
Government Resource Center Strengthens Rapid Growth with New HiresThe Ohio Colleges of Medicine Government Resource Center (GRC), a fast growing center for health policy research, quality improvement, and technical assistance, is pleased to announce several additions to our staff, including Carrie Farquhar and Tina Bickert from the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
How Community Health Workers Are Reaching Ohio’s Most Vulnerable PopulationsCommunity Health Workers are leveraging their unique strengths to bridge gaps in health care needs extending beyond the doctor’s office
Ohio's Children In The Midst Of An Opioid EpidemicIn her two decades of experience, Ohio’s opioid epidemic has dramatically changed the nature of child abuse and neglect cases that Deputy Director Kristi Burre has seen recently in Fairfield County’s Children Services division.
- We are staffed by career healthcare and human service research and policy experts.
- We've held leadership positions in state and local government agencies & private sector organizations.
- We have experience working directly with government agencies through MEDTAPP, which links academic research centers to state agencies.
- We draw on the expertise of faculty and staff from Ohio's seven medical colleges and 13 public universities.
- We maintain close working relationships with public and private sector health policy groups, health advocacy groups, and survey research firms.